Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome Summer!

It's officially summer in the Midwest. It's hot and humid! And summer seasonal exchanges have been sent and received. Yes, there's no denying that summer is upon us.

I'm participating in a great seasonal exchange this year with a small group of gifted stitchers. I'm stitching for Karen and I heard Monday that she received the summer package I put together for her.

I stitched The Sampler Girl's Molly Pitcher 1778 for her with the recommended DMC on 28 count linen and finished it as a little hanger.


I sent along some patriotic extras:



Karen said she loved it and I am so pleased! I consider this to be my best finishing to date and I was very glad with how it turned out. I'm so happy she likes it too!

Today I got my exchange from Melissa and it made my day! She stitched a sweet Lizzie Kate design and finished it as a darling pinkeep. The backing fabric is the most perfect lemonade fabric - and we have been drinking a lot of lemonade around here lately - with a little pocket and everything!


And what a spread of goodies she sent along! 2 beautiful skeins of Dragon Floss and 2 more of Soy Luster from The Pure Patette! And check out that Eye & Eye & Friends sampler pattern. I can't wait to get started on this one. She also included some darling strawberry notecards. Melissa always includes a sweet little handmade card from soupofsuccess.com. I checked out their website and I have to say that it sounds like a wonderful organization. What a special touch.


Thank you for a wonderful package Melissa!

I also have a finish to show off. I stitched up the pattern Melissa sent me in the spring exchange! Excuse the terrible lighting:


Birds Wee One from Heart in Hand
Stitched 1/1 with DMC on 25ct mushroom lugana
Stitched 6/18/10 - 6/19/10


I want to make this into a floss ring tag. I've never attempted that finishing before so I have no idea how it will turn out or when I will have the time to try it.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer so far! I know I am (despite the sunburn)!

Happy stitching to you all!

21 comments:

valerie said...

Great exchanges! I love how you sewed the tag on the back of yours and that lemonade fabric on the back of Melissa's is so fun! Congrats...

Katrina said...

what lovely exchnages :) Have fun making the floss tag, I've never tried one either but would love to give one a go sometime too.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Looks great! May I show it on the blog?

Happy Stitching,
Tanya
THE SAMPLER GIRL

Deb said...

Such great exchanges. Like Valerie said I like how you sewed the tag on the back and the lemonade fabric!

Anonymous said...

I really love how you finished Molly Pitcher!

Karen said...

great exchanges sent and rec'd! and i love the little bird one you stitched up from Mel too. :)

Kathy said...

Great exchange you had. The piece you did is awesome. You finishing looks so perfect. Like you label on the back.

Looks like you manage to get lots of stitching done in the hot weather.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you liked the pinkeep, Kim! The lemonade fabric came from a charm pack that I bought from Hancock's of Paducah, but I don't remember which fabric designer it was off hand. I love using charm pack fabrics for finishing smalls. :) Your over 1 Wee Birds is adorable!

Thanks for sharing the link for Soup of Success, too! A very dear friend of mine back in Indiana runs the program. I never ceased to be amazed & inspired at the way they are able to help the women who come through their program get their lives pulled together and back on their feet.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous exchanges! You got some lovely goodies from Melissa. I love your little finish too - very cute! Have fun with the floss tag - I've made a few and they're easy and quick to do!

Carol said...

You've been very lucky with your exchanges, Kim! I really like the way you did the heart on the back of your exchange with Karen--so cute!

I've been really challenged with this horrid humidity--it finally broke today--phew! I might actually get something posted soon :)

Hope all is well with your family...

Siobhán said...

Wow, Kim! What fantastic exchanges! They are wonderful. Love the package from Melissa! Good luck with the finishing into a floss ring tag--I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Sally said...

Both exchanges are lovely and I absolutely love your wee bird finish :)

Lainey said...

Gorgeous exchanges! That is going to be a sweet floss tag.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely exchanges. The finishes are just so beautiful on them.
Your floss tag stitch looks nice.

Sharon said...

Both are wonderful exchanges! Your finishing looks perfect!

Michele B. said...

Kim - I am so proud of you - you have turned into a fabulous stitcher and finisher. The star on the back is an amazing finishing touch. I love whatever your piece is hanging on - what is it? Good luck with the floss tag - I haven't been brave enough to try that yet. I have a question for you - will email you.

Teri said...

What great exchange pieces! The Molly P finish really looks nice, and the finish on the back of it is adorable!

Sonda said...

Molly Pitcher looks wonderful! What a lovely finish and gift.

Beatrice said...

Thanks for the nice comment...you stitches and finishes are wonderful!!!

mbroider said...

Hey Kim,,

Hope you are doing fine. Eagerly waiting for a stitchy, bugs-filled post:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What wonderful exchanges you've recieved.

Your wee finish is adorable!