Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas, a New Year, and a New Look

We had a wonderful Christmas this year despite LadyBug's fever late Christmas Eve night and on into Christmas day (it figures, right?). As you can clearly see, my bugs were spoiled (again) this year. I guess it pays to be the only grandkids on both sides...



Besides the festivities, I have a finish to show you (and just in the nick of time, too)! I put the year on this one months ago. But it got set down and, for some reason that has yet to be determined, it didn't get picked back up. Please tell me I'm not the only one to forget a WIP! It narrowly escaped needing a do-over on the year until I realized it was sitting there unattended and picked it up to finish it! Phew. So here it is in all it's finished BBD glory. The fabric color is off completely. It's actually a winter white in person.

Something Sweet by Blackbird Designs
Thread: recommended CC, WDW, and GAST
Fabric: 28 Count winter white linen
Started: 6/6/09
Finished: 12/30/09


And in case you haven't noticed yet, I went ahead and made myself a fresh new blog layout to ring in the new year! I'm loving the clean white background.

Wishing you all a blessed 2010!

9 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

So pretty. Congrats on the finish!

mbroider said...

Happy New Year!! Your BB project is wonderful.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohhh, I love the new background...snazzy header too ;)
I'm NOT going to show the picture of the cuddlebug and ladybug's Christmas - my kids would be TOTALLY jealous! ;)
Your finish is gorgeous Kim!
I wish you nothing but health, happiness, prosperity and many blessings in the New Year :)

Carol said...

What a sweet finish, Kim--I love the violets and the yellow house. I'll bet my mom would love it if I stitched that for her next year!

Hope you and your family have the happiest and healthiest of new years :)

staci said...

It looks like your little ones had a fantastic Christmas!

Love your finish, it's so pretty! And love your new blog look too :)

Have a wonderful New Year Kim. Happy Stitching!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wow! You are a cross stitch machine! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Kathy said...

Looks like the bugs did alright for Christmas. Of course they had been perfect so Santa was very good to them.

Nice finish. You do a very nice job of stitching. Good to get it finished in 2009.

Nice new look.

Happy New Year

Sharon said...

Goodness, looks like the toy store exploded at your house. Beautiful finish. Congrats and a Happy New Year to you and your family! God Bless!

Karen said...

I love this design! Great finish. Just found your blog and can't wait to see your other finishes. Have a great new year.