Here is a picture of the little pillow ornament I made. The colors in this picture aren't exactly right but close enough. We live in an old home and the windows don't let in a ton of light to get good pictures. But you get the idea. I am so proud of this little project! I was going to tuck the ends of the cording inside the pillow as I stitched it up, but I like the little knots and decided to attach them on the outside. I love how it turned out!
I was tagged by Teri last week. So now you get to learn 7 random things about me whether or not you really want to know!
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
1. I love to take walks. When the weather is nice, DH and I go out just about every night for a leisurely stroll with Cuddle Bug. And, weather permitting, I go out in the mornings during the week for a brisk walk with Cuddle Bug in the stroller.
2. My favorite cross-stitching companion is named Molly. She's my blue iPod nano. I don't know why I named her that, it just seemed fitting when I met her. She goes on my walks with me too using the Nike + system that measures how far I've gone and how long I've walked. We're very close.
3. I met my husband in college when we were both "R.A.s" (Resident Assistants) in a dorm on campus. He had the co-ed wing and I had the all-girls wing on the same floor. We were instant friends and I knew within a few weeks that I would marry him - although it took him a little longer to realize the same thing and finally ask me out :)
4. I'm a transplant to the midwest from the desert southwest. This has been my first "real winter." We don't have snow shovels and ice scrapers where I come from!
5. A week from tomorrow I will be received into the Catholic Church as a convert from protestantism. It's been a wonderful journey in faith since last September when I began learning more about the church and it's teachings. I had a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings about the teachings of the Catholic Church that have been explained and cleared away and I am so excited to be able to call myself a Catholic next Saturday.
6. Up until I was 16 I had no cousins. I only have 1 now. My husband has over 50 on his mother's side alone.
7. I knew I would marry my husband after knowing him for about 2 weeks. After dating for 3 months we were engaged. We were married a year after becoming engaged. And today is the anniversary of our wedding.
I'm a new blogger and don't know many of you. But it sure looks like most of you have already been tagged! So rather than go around re-tagging everyone, I open this as an invitation to anyone who reads this who has not been tagged and would like to play along - Tag, you're it!
All the Projects Update
6 hours ago