Thursday, March 6, 2008

Going on Vacation!

Cuddle Bug is 22 months old. Every day and every night for the past 22 months he and I have been together. All that is about to change. DH and I are heading a few hours away to a bed and breakfast tonight. We are staying tonight and Friday night and coming home Saturday afternoon. That means my first night away from Cuddle Bug, and two whole nights in a row at that! A huge part of me is so excited to have the quiet time with DH, to sleep in in the mornings, to have conversations that don't include the mention of bodily functions, and to take long baths uninterrupted. But I will miss him and I'll probably long for his big squeezy-tight hugs that make my days so worth all the hassle. I'm sure he won't miss me nearly as much as I will miss him, though! He's going to be hanging out with his great-aunt and great-uncle and there are few people who surpass them in Cuddle Bug's eyes.

I promised DH that I would not be packing any stitching supplies. He's still allowed to bring his iPhone though - how is that fair?

Happy Stitching to everyone!

4 comments:

Beatrice said...

Put it in the bag anyway. You might find a bit of time for stitching!!!

Linen Stitcher said...

I can't imagine traveling without my needlework. I often take two projects "just in case"--in case I suddenly become a speed stitcher and finish the first one, I guess. Enjoy your trip!!

Katrina said...

Have a nice weekend with your DH. My DH has an Iphone, definitely take your stitching ;-).

Teri said...

I hope you enjoyed your first weekend away! I also wanted to let you know that I have tagged/recognized you for your new blog and that list of finished projects you've already completed. I look forward to seeing more of your work: the old and the new!