Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fun in the Snow and a Finish!

As I mentioned yesterday, we got some snow! It snowed for about 9 straight hours and we got around 9-10 inches of snow! It was amazing. I didn't step a single toe outside yesterday, but I so enjoyed the view from inside. Today it is sunny and in the low 40's, so Cuddle Bug decided he wanted to go out and play with the fluffy white stuff on the ground.


As for stitching, I finished my first linen piece! Thank you all so much for your suggestions on doing the single pink stitches around the outside. It is really nice to have experienced stitchers give their in-put. And I decided to leave the "e" alone. If it still bothers me when I get around to finishing it, I will do something about it. But for now I'm not letting it bother me. I don't really know what to do with it just yet either. It's too big for a pinkeep I think. But I would like to think of some cute way to display it. It's so pretty! It makes me long for spring!

Lovebird Freebie by Midsummer Night Musings
28-count DMC linen in winter white with suggested DMC thread


I really enjoyed working on linen. And as far as I can tell there's only the one little mistake in the "e" and nothing else in the entire piece. I kept checking as I went along to make sure all my stitches lined up. I was so pleased when I got all the way around the border and it all came together right!

8 comments:

staci said...

It looks wonderful!!! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

What a cutie your little one is :)

Linen Stitcher said...

Woo-hoo, Kim! I want to do a happy dance for you, it looks so good!! Glad you've enjoyed your first experience with linen. Can't wait to see your next linen project . . .

Janet said...

Congratulations! Looks great (and speedy stitching- didn't you just start this the other day??). I wonder how you will decide to finish it.

The snow looks so crisp and clean and white and lovely, I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

your piece is great completed now and you can not see the error on the "E" well i cant anyway :) your little one looks fascinated with the snow also! keep us updated with how you decide to finish that piece maybe a flat fold?

Nicki said...

Belated congratulations! It looks lovely and I wouldn't have noticed the 'e' unless you'd pointed it out. Well done!

What's next?! :D

Sally said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

Aww your little one is so cute.

I'm so jealous of your snow. We hardly get any these days and I wish we still got the big snow falls we got years ago.

Sharon said...

Lovely finish! Congrats.

Michelle said...

It's beautiful! Congrats on your first linen finish.