Friday, March 21, 2008

Slow Progress and Funny Mommy Moments

I didn't cross a single stitch yesterday. But I did get 95 pictures uploaded, cropped, and organized for my FIL's video collage to be played at his memorial tomorrow. My husband had a break-down moment last night when we were scanning the last of the pictures. I can't imagine what he must be going through as I haven't lost a parent or sibling and he has lost both in the past year and a half. Sometimes I just don't know the right words to say.

Today I did get a brief reprieve during Cuddle Bug's nap so I picked up the Alphabet Tree. I didn't get much done before the little stink decided he was done napping and ready to get up and take on the world. It was a very short nap indeed. But I did make a little progress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will be able to finish this one up tonight after Cuddle Bug goes to bed.


As far as funny mommy moments go, I had a big one last night. It was one of those "crawl under the pew of embarrassment" moments during mass. Cuddle Bug is cute as can be at mass. He pipes in with "Amen" after he's heard everyone else say it, he crosses his chest in an adorable attempt to make the sign of the cross when he sees other do it, he points out Jesus and "Joe" (St. Joseph - who used to be "Joe Joe" and then "Joey" and now he's just "Joe"). He even says "Glod bless you" (and no that's not a typo - that's what he says). It's all very cute and everyone gets a kick out of it. Well last night he was going along with the usual church fair of "Jesus," "Amen," "Glod bless you." Then, out of nowhere during a quiet moment he starts yelling "Diarrhea!" And he kept saying it over and over again at the top of his lungs! His daddy is going "Where's Jesus?" trying to distract him. But nothing would work. He just kept repeating it "Diarrhea, diarrhea!" Everyone around us was laughing. Sarah, the other woman in RCIA with me, was laughing so hard she had her head in her lap! My face was on fire it was so red! DH's aunt and uncle were sitting in front of us in hysterics. It was all just too much! Some days there's just no preparing yourself for what is going to come out of your toddler's mouth during a church service!

Thanks for visiting! I've been getting lots of visitors and I so love reading everyone's comments! Happy Easter all!!!

9 comments:

Janet said...

I've been through it myself and I still don't know the right words to say! All you can do is love him, look after him and forgive him (grief doesn't always bring out the best in us). I'm sure that putting together the photos will mean a lot to him (now and in the future), you're doing all the right things! And it sounds as if Cuddlebug will give him a laugh when he needs it most! Thank goodness for little boys.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your piece is looking lovely! Nice colours.

Katrina said...

LOL, what a hoot, I would have been one of the people LOL :-).

Love you piece, it's so pretty.

Sally said...

How funny! It's amazing what children come out with when you least expect it! Lol!

Your Alphabet Tree is coming along beautifully and I love the colours you're using. I'm stitching this one in red:)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Kim -
I am Catholic born and raised! May you be filled with the spirit tonight and may Jesus forever touch your heart :) Which apparently he has. I'll tell you a secret that a priest told me when I was a little girl and I've done it ever since - He told me: that when I have problems and daily worries, each night before I go to bed, to entrust them into the hands of Our Lady and by the morning tide, they will either be solved or seem less difficult. I find this so true. Welcome Kim! I'm so happy for you!

Jacque said...

Oh my, I'd have died on the spot if Gianna had done that! My luck, she'll probably do something or say something much worse! : 0

Congrats again on your conversion and hopefully things went as well as can be expected today for your DH. I haven't lost a sibling, but losing a father, or any parent, leaves you feeling rather empty.

Ruth said...

I love your color choices on the alphabet tree! It looks grand.

For all the little ups and downs of toddler life... Glod Bless You this Easter! :)

Unknown said...

Honey, you are so kind and thoughtful. Don't worry about if you have the right thing to say. You always comfort me in the best way - by just being there and being yourself. I love you so much. Your cross stitch it beautiful and I'm glad that it brings you so much joy.

Love, your "DH", John.

Kathy said...

Love your Mommy story. Have seen similar things happen. You are the only one that has a problem with it. Everyone else has been there too.

Hard to follow the wonderful comment from your DH.