Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Very Happy Easter

I feel like I have been doing non-stop for the past 4 days! Now at 10:30 Sunday night - I am alone for a minute and it's nice!

Yesterday afternoon we had a memorial for my FIL at my BIL's restaurant. It was very nice. There were so many people that came. He touched many lives. It being a holiday weekend and relatively short notice (only about 3 days), the turnout was really touching!

In addition to that, I had the most spectacular and meaningful Easter of my life. I was brought into the fullness of the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil mass last night - received the Sacrament of Confirmation and my first Holy Communion. I started the journey into the church in September and it all lead to the Easter Vigil. What a moment! I was a little misty with the confirmation, but I have to be honest - I cried like a baby after receiving the Eurcharist. It was truly moving! What was also incredibly special was that the parish priest made intentions for my FIL during the prayers of the faithful! It was so wonderful - especially during a mass that celebrates the resurrection! And my FIL beamed ear to ear when I told him I was joining the church. So his memory being a part of the mass made it that much more special!

Afterward we went down to the rectory basement for a party thrown by the Women's Guild and I gave my sponsor (my aunt-in-law) the "Peace of God" project I had made for her as a gift. This is a picture of it from my first blog entry. I actually re-laced it onto cardboard yesterday afternoon to get it better centered than it is in this picture.



Today we had a wonderful and packed Easter. We went to mass (for the 4th wonderful day in a row), then we went to DH's aunt and uncles house and had a fantastic Easter brunch with DH's sprawling extended family. Cuddle Bug hunted for Easter eggs and came home for a nap. And guess who actually found a quiet second to finish her epic "quick stitch" the Alphabet Tree? I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing it come along so slowly! But I got the stitching done this afternoon during "The 10 Commandments." Finally! You can expect pictures tomorrow when there's good light. I'm very pleased with how it came out. This week will be finishing week. Wish me luck! It will be my first pinkeep!

Thank you all for your wonderful support and well-wishes with my stitching, my FIL's passing, and my conversion. You are all so kind! And thank you for reading!

3 comments:

staci said...

Congratulations on your Confirmation Kim!!!

Beatrice said...

I'm so happy to be able to say welcome to the wonders of the Catholic Church...At least I think so. I too went 4 days in a row..As you know I sing in the choir.
Congratulations.
Your Easter Cross is beautiful!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've been so busy since Easter I never got back here to tell you...Welcome to Catholism and I'm so happy that receiving our Lord in Communion was a special experience for you. I remember my First Holy Communion like it was yesterday :) although it was in 1976. and I was just 6 years old :)