Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kind Words

You are all so kind. Your nice words and condolences were so wonderful to read and I got a very nice email from Michele as well. We got together this evening with my husband's surviving brothers and respective wives to talk about arrangements. These are not easy things to talk about with such strong feelings of grief from everyone mixed with conflicting religious views. But ultimately everyone just wants to honor my FIL and I think that's what we all need to keep in mind during this planning.

On a happier note, I did find some pretty pins at JoAnns yesterday and am planning to stitch up a project starting tomorrow for my pinkeep! I'll keep you all posted.

And I went to that baby shower this afternoon armed with my gift and my little stitched ornament. It went over very well! The mother-to-be seemed to appreciate it very much. Baby showers are awkward though - especially when you only know the new mommy and 2 other women in a crowd of some 40 women who all know one another! But, as uncomfortable as it was, I was glad to be there to show my love and support for the new family.

Well I am going to go crawl into bed with my husband and do some reading. Goodnight!

No comments: