Wednesday, April 23, 2008

...And A Partridge in a Pear Tree Finish

I met my goal to get this little guy finished by today! It was a really quick and enjoyable stitch! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment with this bird and his respective tree - every stitch was a pleasure. I can't wait to start the next one. Many of you commented on my previous post about this project about how wonderful PS designs are to stitch and you are all so right!

Prairie Schooler's 12 Days of Christmas - 1st block
DMC on 32 count natural light linen
Stitched 4/21/08 - 4/23/08

Sorry about the lighting. It's dark outside. I may try to take a better picture tomorrow. We'll see.

I really want to back these blocks with fabric for my ornaments so I'm going to wait until I find the right fabric to finish any of them off. And does anyone suggest putting the year somewhere really small on them? I was thinking maybe a little "2008" backstitched in the lower right corner under the border. Any thoughts?

Thank you all so very much for all your support! You make stitching even more fun!

10 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Well, if we aren't on the same page. Lovely partridge. I just finished two of them from PS and they are on my blog too!! I usually put the date in tiny tucked in a corner.

Kathy said...

Great job. You are a speedy stitcher. Can't wait to see your progress on the rest of the 12.

Sally said...

Lovely finish, Kim, and very quick too.

Jennifer said...

Nice job!

I like keeping dates and such inside the borders (when there are borders). I'd probably stitch it in a single thread (maybe the green?) near the base of the tree trunk, just inside the border.

Jacque said...

Clearly, CB has been napping like a champ and giving Mommy some much deserved stitching time. You are so fast to be so new to this....can I borrow your needles or are they still on fire from this finish?

mainely stitching said...

Great job on this design!!

Emily said...

That was quick. It looks great. What's next?

Sharon said...

Pretty finish!

staci said...

Very lovely, congrats! At this rate, you'll be finished long before the holidays are here!

Sue said...

Nice finish, congratulations ;)