Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Genorosity of Stitchers

When I was contemplating starting this blog - something Michele of X Marks My Spot suggested I give a go at - I was really nervous. I felt so out of place. I have only been stitching since December and everyone else is so experienced and incredibly talented! I have found other hobbies in which the experienced hobbyists have something of an "elitist" attitude that isn't friendly or welcoming to new-comers. Michele assured me that I wouldn't find that kind of mentality among stitchers. She said stitchers are some of the friendliest people around. So I took the plunge and started a blog. Soon enough I felt comfortable commenting on other stitchers' blogs as well. And Michele - you were so right! Stitchers are friendly and warm. They love to share their knowledge and their talents with experienced stitchers and newbies alike. And today was just another example of how wonderful and sweet the stitching community is.

The amazing BeckySC is giving away several beautifully finished items on her blog to whomever wants to give them a home. I didn't feel worthy to claim anything for myself - but I'm a serial commenter these days and I wanted her to know what a beautiful gesture I felt that was. One of the things she is giving away is a box finished with the LHN "Be Rich in Good Deeds" design. I felt like that summed up exactly what she was doing and I mentioned it innocently. She emailed me and said she wanted me to have it!! I am so moved!!! I know it sounds silly but I seriously teared up. That is such a generous and sweet thing to do. I am so humbled by Becky's talent and to own something that she made and wants me to have is something really special! Thank you to the ends of the Earth Becky!!

The stitching community is a wonderful thing to be a part of!

PS - Becky is also giving away several charts to anyone interested in them.

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

The stitching community is great, and BeckySC is a shining example of what's best in it. :D

Aussie Stitcher said...

Becky is an incredible woman and does so much for the stitching community.

Sally said...

Becky is a wonderful, giving person. We have a fantastic community in stitchers. They are the best.

Nicki said...

Isn't Becky one of the most generous people ever? :) So glad you're getting a gift from her :)

staci said...

Congrats Kim...Becky is such a talented and generous person, and you are so sweet with all of your nice comments. Enjoy your lovely gift :)

Sonda said...

Becky is a wonderful lady, that's for sure!

BTW I saw your comment on Brenda's blog about the SB Bethlehem ornaments. If you can find it, the first four designs are also published in a leaflet by SB called 2000 Years Ago. That's how I got them.

Sharon said...

Yes, stitcher's generosity is a beautiful thing! Becky is on of the best and such a fabulous stitcher!

Anonymous said...

I agree, stitchers are the best. Becky is such a sweetheart!!