Monday, April 21, 2008

Have Faith Finish

Becky, you had more faith in me than I was worthy of! I didn't finish "Have Faith" yesterday like I had set out to. But I got really close and I got it finished this afternoon while Cuddle Bug has been napping. So that's another project done! I really like how this one turned out. I think I will finish it off in a little frame. The satin stitches weren't difficult at all and the rice stitches were also a breeze after I finished a few. I'm so proud of myself for expanding my stitching horizons with this piece!

Have Faith by Elizabeth's Designs
DMC thread on 32 count Natural Light linen
Stitched 4/18/08 - 4/21/08


We had a wonderful weekend. Cuddle Bug turns 2 next Sunday, so this weekend he got an early birthday present.


It is from Mommy and Daddy, and Daddy's aunt and uncle (CB's great aunt and uncle). Daddy and Uncle Bill built it in the backyard on Saturday and CB got the surprise of his life when he got up from his nap! He absolutely loves it! He has been playing in it as often as he can. Nothing quite compares to seeing your little guy beam from ear to ear!!

I'm going to be revising my April goals today. I'd like to challenge myself to get the first design from the PS 12 Days of Christmas chart finished as well. Since my final goal as it stands right now is merely to start CCN's "A Place We Call Home" I feel like I may be able to make the new goal happen. I'm hoping to get some kind of a start on that tonight. We shall see.

Thank you all for reading and for all your wonderful comments! I really do feel like I have cheerleaders out there in cyberspace!

16 comments:

mercy said...

What a great finish! I love ED and her use of sheep.

Michele said...

woo hoo!! that is a lovely finish! and sooo fast too :) Your rice and satin stitches look really good!

What a fun bd present! I'm sure he'll continue to enjoy it! I know my kids loved their house when they were younger :)

Jacque said...

What a cute house for CB!! Gianna will be two in October and we're thinking along the lines of a bed and dresser. I'm pretty sure we're boring and she would much rather have a house! : )

Faith is very sweet! I stitched
"12 Days" a few years ago and tried to incorporate some speciality stitches into each block. I'd show a picture, but it is in the Christmas tub at the back of our storage. I know you'll do something amazing..have fun with it!!

Kathy A. said...

You have done a wonderful job on "Faith" Your stitches are beautifully done. What a cute house for the little guy. Our grandsons are 3 and 1 and would love that!!! BTW - we got several aftershocks in Yuma this winter from California earthquakes and one day we had three back to back.

BeckySC said...

I love it! It looks just great :)
Congratulations!!

Wanda said...

Super finish! Good Luck with your goals!

Sharon said...

Kim, it's gorgeous! Great job!

mainely stitching said...

That's a great finish, but what I'm wowing about is that super cool playhouse for your cuddlebug! My kids would go ga-ga for it! LOL!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

LOOKS SUPER Kim!!!! Well done!

Andrea said...

Great job on youe ED piece. The colours are so pretty. Nice new house too!!

staci said...

Very pretty finish, love the sheep ;) Cute little house too :)

Paisley said...

Faith looks so pretty! I love the colors!

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a great finish, well done.

Sally said...

A wonderful finish Kim! Those speciality stitches are easy once you get going with them, espeically if you have a chart that has clear diagrams.

Aww I bet your son loves his house:)

Sue said...

This is a beautiful finish. Nice job ;)

Carol said...

Oh - Have Faith is gorgeous Kim!