Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Focus, Kim, Focus!

The month of May has not been a great stitching month for me. Every day I get further and further away from completing my May goals. I gave up stitching time on a few nights to edit term papers for my sister. Then my sister came into town for a week and kept me fairly distracted. And then when stitching time presented itself I just couldn't stay focused for long. Oh well.

Thank you all for your kind words on my LHN start 1/1. It's moving along. It's got little errors and parts that aren't quite square enough for my taste, but the imperfections are growing on me as it evolves - giving it a real old fashioned home-made feel. Perhaps that's just how I'm choosing to look at it. I frogged the third heart. I just couldn't look at it anymore. It had to go. It hasn't been replaced as of yet. This project is not moving along as fast as it should. It is a victim of my inability to focus. But if I can get the motivation to finish this today, I may be able to get all of May goals met just in time! Maybe...



Our holiday weekend was nice. It rained all weekend and spoiled plans. But Saturday morning I woke up and had the whole house to myself. DH took Cuddle Bug on a day trip with family. I took a bath, read my book, got in tiny amounts of stitching, went to breakfast and the craft store with my sister, and just enjoyed a leisurely day. Sunday was supposed to be a trip to the zoo with CB, but that was rained out. And yesterday was supposed to be a trip to DH's grandfather's farm with DH's extended family. But that got rained out too. It was a nice relaxing weekend though. I have no complaints other than that I didn't make enough time to stitch.

We did splurge on a new game for our Nintendo Wii - Wii Fit. It's great fun! My abs hurt today :)

Thanks for reading and for all your support! I love the stitching community! You are some of the sweetest people I "know!"

8 comments:

Sally said...

Catching up as I haven't been blog reading these past few days. Love your new start over one. It looks so petite and pretty. Also love your PS finish.

Isn't the new CCN gorgeous! I love the bright colours.

Oooh I'd love the Wii Fit! One day!!!

Kendra said...

We have Wii Fit, too...I've only gotten to "play" on it once, but it's a lot of fun and it does work you out! My calf muscles were sore for a few days from doing the ski jump. Can't wait to really get in a regular routine of using it and seeing what it can do for me. :-)

staci said...

Very cute start Kim~~I found 1/1 to take quite a bit of concentration too ;)

BeckySC said...

I'm loving it, Kim :)
We too have a Wii and Wii fitness along with several other games that give you a workout!!

Linen Stitcher said...

Kim, Your 1/1 LHN project is shaping up quite nicely. Didn't realize just how small it was until I noticed the scissors in your picture. Wow! It's going to be a fabulous finish!!

mainely stitching said...

Some times it is just hard to focus and that's all there is to it. ;)

I'm supposed to be getting a Wii Fit for my birthday this weekend. We'll see. My abs don't even resemble abs, it's so sad.

Your child-free Saturday sounds so peaceful!

Sue said...

I love your LHN piece and again, I give you credit for doing it 1/1 ;)

Lelia said...

Oh no kidding. Spare time has not been my best friend lately. I keep hoping I find some time to FOCUS on my fair entries. I just don't seem to have much to put on exhibit this Summer.