Monday, May 19, 2008

Tin Finish Pictures and a PS Finish

It feels like ages ago that I made a little tin and scissor fob for my sister. I gave it to her April 4th but never got pictures of the finished product. She was supposed to email me some and never did get around to it. Well she's in town and she brought the tin with her so I could take pictures myself.

I gave this to her as a sewing kit. She doesn't stitch but she does live on campus where she is attending graduate school. I thought a little mending kit would be a practical thing for her to have around. I changed the wording from "Thankful for Ewe" to "Ewe Are Beautiful."

"Thankful" Freebie from Little House Needleworks
Fob: Lamb Stitched 2/2 - Heart Stitched 1/1
Tin: Stitched 1/1
Thread: DMC
Fabric: 28 ct DMC Linen
Stitched 3/29/08 - 4/2/08
Finished as Tin & Scissor Fob (Sewing Kit) 4/3/08

This was my first and so far only tin finish but I really loved doing it and was incredibly pleased with the result!

I finished block 3 of the PS 12 Days of Christmas last night. I still need to do blocks 2 and 4 before I can cross that off my May goals. This took me 4 days between starting it and finishing it. It never should have taken me that long. But my sister came into town Friday and I just didn't make time to get this finished until last night.

Block 3 of Prairie Schooler's 12 Days of Christmas
Thread: DMC
Fabric: 32 count Natural Light Linen
Stitched 5/15/08 - 5/18/08


Hopefully I will get the other 2 blocks I have set as a May goal finished up in shorter time so I can get at least a mildly respectable start on Peach Tree Cottage before June rolls around.

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your kind comments!

18 comments:

BeckySC said...

Absolutely stunning! You did a great job :) It looks amazing! Tins are one of my favorite finishes! I enjoy doing them very much!

Love your PS :)

Kathy A. said...

I absolutely love your tin finish and what a great idea to make a little sewing kit. Nice work on PS Christmas

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

That is darling and made so well, Kim. The tin is beautiful but that sheep fob has to steal the show - sooooo cute!!!

Tanya

staci said...

Really cute tin finish...but I have to agree with Tanya, the wee little sheep fob is so adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

The tin is fabulous!! The fob is just the perfect finishing touch!!

mainely stitching said...

Oh, how very beautiful!!

Sally said...

Oh wow, Kim, your tin is gorgeous and the wee fob is delightful! You did a fantastic job!

Love your PS finish too:)

DaisyGirl said...

Your tin turned out beautiful!
Great job on it! I had alittle trouble with mine with the cording.
I hope my rr works out alright too.
Donna

Dawn T. said...

Your tin turned out amazing!

Carol said...

what an adorable little kit - congratulations!!

Jennifer said...

OMG - how adorable!!! Your sister is a lucky girl!

Kathy said...

Your tin finish is adorable. Making it as a little sewing kit is a great idea.

PS ornament looks great. Good luck in get the others you are planning for the month done.

Emily said...

That's a sweet, little tin! Great work putting it together.

Paisley said...

The tin looks fabulous! Your sister is so lucky!

Sue said...

Beautiful fob and tin. And I love your french hen ;)

Sharon said...

That sewing tin is to die for -how cute! You do lovely work! The ornament is pretty too!

Anonymous said...

that tin is so gorgeous, i just love everything about it, the design is so lovely, and the little fob is so adorable. what a practical present, well done! I'm sorry i missed this freebie as LHN is one of my favourite designers.

zetor said...

Love your work. The sheep are cute. Is the chart available free on line?