Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Love and Faithfulness" Finish

Well my goal was to get this one finished up last night. That didn't quite happen. I stitched for several hours last night until I just needed to rest my eyes and put it away for the night. I always under-estimate the amount of time it's going to take me to finish a project! Anyone else have this same problem? Maybe I'm just slower than I realize. But I did get it finished today just before Cuddle Bug went down for his afternoon nap. Sweet accomplishment!

"Love and Faithfulness" Thread Pack from Little House Needleworks
Stitched one thread over one
Fabric: 30 ct linen from WDW, Color: Linen
Thread: Crescent Colours included in Thread Pack
Stitched: 5/23/08 - 5/28/08


I'm pleased with the results. I was really nervous to see this one evolve when I first got started. The stitches weren't nearly as square as they are stitching over 2. But Kathy gave me a quick tip on stitching over 1 - to keep my stitches on the back going straight up and down or sided to side (not diagonal) whenever I could help it. That really really helped! Thank you Kathy!!

I feel like it's decent enough to gift away as part of a wedding shower gift for DH's cousin, but now I'm wondering if I really want to part with it. I guess we'll see. This one will be set aside for "finishing" at another date once I've determined if I am going to be keeping it or giving it away.

Thanks for reading and for all the help and suggestions you all offer!

21 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Awesome finish, Kim!

Tanya

staci said...

Wonderful finish, congrats!

Terry said...

Kim, that is beautiful. You have every right to be proud of it. Well Done!!

Kendra said...

Very cute! Little over-1 pieces are so dainty and tiny. :-)

I do the same thing...I cannot properly estimate time needed to complete a project. If I figure it'll take me an hour, it takes me 2...or 3...or more. :-(

Linen Stitcher said...

Aw, Kim, it's wonderful! Glad you persevered. Pat yourself on the back, and plan your next over-1 project!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful work and over one WOW that is well done!

Michele said...

wow, I think 5 days is fast stitching! Takes me much longer than that :)

It is sooo nice! Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Anonymous said...

Great finish, Kim. I know over one can be a pain, but I do think it gives a piece such a delicate look! Very pretty!!

Nicki said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Well done :)

I always always underestimate how long things will take to stitch. You'd think I'd know better by now but I still do it :)

Dawn T. said...

Wow...it is beautiful!! Great stitching:)

Carol said...

Yay Kim! Congratulations!!

mainely stitching said...

It looks beautiful! And yes, I always underestimate how long a project will take! LOL!

Lelia said...

WOOT!! Fantastic finish : ) Your LHN is wonderful!!

Sue said...

I can't believe this is finished already. It's beautiful ;)

Beatrice said...

A marvelous finish. And over one yet good for you!!!!!! Congratulations.

Sally said...

What a wonderful finish Kim! It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I just stumbled across your blog and really enjoy it. I'll be back!
:o)

Teri said...

Kim, This is a beautiful piece! You've done a great job with the one-over-one stitching, and the colors are fantastic. Are you sure you want to part with this one?

Melissa said...

I love this finish! You did a great job on it.

Anonymous said...

wonderful finish, well done!

Kathy said...

You did get it finished in May. Great job. You do great work for beginner. Keep it up.