Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wouldn't You Know

Just a few days ago I was talking about my growing "stash" with DH. I said "Honey, I really can't buy any more charts until my 'Completed' charts out-number my 'Not Completed' charts." It seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

And then this happens! I innocently "Google Reader" on over to Tanya's blog and see the new Country Cottage Needleworks design "Joyful Summer" staring back at me! Ugh! I must have this! It's gorgeous! Why did I say that silly silly thing the other day?! What on earth would compel me to say something so blatantly ridiculous and completely uncalled for!

I'd claim temporary insanity, but I'm not the type to set a goal and then lose without a fight. And that means this is going to have sit patiently on my wish-list until I get through many many charts ahead of it.

I really should have started block 2 of PS 12 Days of Christmas last night but I went running instead and then curled up in bed with my book. Today was worthless for starting any stitching since the headache I went to bed with last night turned into a migraine by morning. With meds, food, DH's tender care during his lunch hour, and caffeine I've nursed myself into something resembling an upright human. Maybe I will get a start tonight. The longer these blocks go unfinished the further I get from finishing my May goals and the longer I wait for the new CCN.

9 comments:

BeckySC said...

I spied this one as well and it's a MUST for me :)

Have a lovely evening :)

Kathy said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe it was the run you went on last night. LOL.

Jenn said...

I'd not seen this before. It's so pretty!

Dawn T. said...

I hope your migraine goes away quickly!

Carol R said...

Be well soon and then treat yourself to CCN!

Jacque said...

I NEVER discuss potential purchases or the fact that I have enough stashed to keep me busy for the next 50 or so years...NEVER! : )

As fast as you stitch, you'll have this purchased in no time! Hopefully that migraine is gone. I get them too and feel for you!

Do you think I could borrow one of your many chandeliers??

Emily said...

That's a pretty one! :)

Michele said...

I so want to stitch this one! I saw it last week and fell in love! I'm thinking about changing the blue fabric. We should do a little SAL :)

Sharon said...

Kim, I have learned my lesson-I don't say things like that anymore! LOL It is a gorgeous pattern!